Saturday, October 15, 2011

Bacon Wrapped Chicken

Chicken with bacon and goat cheese

I am a chicken breast hater. I understand that it is probably the most popular meat in the United States. It is very boring to me and often over cooked. This is a yummy chicken recipe mostly because it involves two of my favorite things...bacon and goat cheese. I made this the other night. I had some extra jarred tomato sauce that I added cream to. That is sort of optional. It would be good without the sauce. Here is what I did.

Chicken with Bacon and Goat Cheese


2 Chicken Breasts
2 pieces of bacon
1/2 tsp of italian herbs
2 ounces of goat cheese
1 cup tomato sauce
1/8 cup of heavy cream
Salt/pepper
Olive oil (your preference of how much you use)


1) Make a slit in the side of the chicken
2) Put your finger in there to make a hole for the goat cheese
3) Put one ounce of cheese in each breast
4) Salt and pepper the chicken
5) Season chicken with herbs
6) Wrap the chicken breast with one slice of bacon (you could use two if you like)
7) Pour olive oil in a heavy bottomed pan
8) Brown chicken on both sides
9) Transfer to 350 preheated oven
10) Cook until done
11) For tomato sauce, heat up sauce and add cream. Pour it on the plate and place chicken on top

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment