Saturday, October 8, 2011

The Perfect Paleo Breakfast (or for any one who likes eggs!)



Check out this super easy (I mean super duper easy) egg recipe. Mark Bittman, who is pretty much a big deal in the cooking world, talked about cooking simple yet elegant egg dishes. Buy his book, How to Cook Everything. It is a great addition to your cookbooks. He uses ramekins, but I don't have any of those. I improvised by using muffin tins.

Egg Cups (Serving size: 1-2 eggs per person)

Using your muffin tins, spray or butter each tin you intend on using. Put a piece of cooked bacon or proscuitto in the muffin tin. You can add a tomato slice if you like. Spinach would work well too. Crack your egg, being careful not to break the yolk. Add salt and pepper to the egg. Drizzle a little bit of cream or put a tiny pat of butter on top. I added hot sauce, of course. Sprinkle with cheese. Whatever you want. Get creative. Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes. I cooked mine for 15 minutes and the whites were slightly undercooked. My hubs likes his whites cooked, so his eggs were in the oven for 18 minutes.

At this point, you are done. This is the easiest egg dish I have made in a while. Serve with fruit or a salad, if eating this for dinner. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment