Thursday, March 29, 2012

Jamaican Jerk Marinade

This was inspired by something I saw on a Paleo website. Check out this yummy marinade that is perfect for chicken or pork. It can be hot if you use the habanero peppers. I used a serrano instead. You will need a food processor for this recipe.

Marinade (I marinaded chicken for 24 hours...which resulted in delicious delicious chicken)

4 green onions (cut up)
1 whole shallot (peeled and cut up)
5 cloves garlic (roughly chopped)
1/4 cup EVOO
2 splashes of vinegar
Juice of 2 limes
1/2 inch fresh and peeled ginger
1-2 T of honey
1/2 tsp of cinammon
1 tsp of allspice
pinch nutmeg
1 pepper (either habanero, Serrano, or jalapeno) seeded and chopped
1 tsp of salt
1 tsp of pepper

Put all of this in the food processor and pulse until very smooth. I put this over a cut up chicken fryer that I grilled. It was so good. It would awesome for pork, but don't marinade it for more than 8 hours.

Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment