Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Colorful Eating

Arkansas tomatoes, fresh fried egg, bacon, avocado and mixed vegetables

I think that we eat with our eyes first. My obsession with food is often viewed as strange by those in my life. Just because it is breakfast doesn't mean that food should not be pretty and taste good....there is a t-shirt posted by a paleo blog that reads "I don't Eat Crap!" This is my philosophy. I posted this picture because of the colors. It was absolutely delicious. I have been eating veggies for breakfast because they add bulk to my protein. Since changing diets, I have been eating more vegetables than I have ever eaten. It is a good thing.

An easy thing to do for breakfast is to heat up last night's vegetables or add some fresh vegetables and cook them in the fat from the egg and bacon. Always season every layer and pay attention to the way the food looks on your plate. If I am bored, I will eat things I shouldn't. If the plate is pretty and interesting, I am much happier.

3 comments:

  1. This looks great....I need to get you some of Chloe's farm fresh (and brown) eggs....she sells them for $1/dozen out of the vet clinic. Lemme know if you're nearby and I'll send them via your mom! (BTW...John Shepherd and Laura Ruth both lectured Chloe Saturday night about NOT quitting piano, we'll see....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a chloe egg!!!! (that's what mom calls them). The most beautiful yolk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. EGGS are the best paleo food. Totally badass blend of fat and protein. Egg whites are like mothers milk to my eager rooting reflex.

    ReplyDelete