Saturday, January 14, 2012

Bone Broth

Bone Broth

Here is a simple method for making bone broth. I wrapped beef bones in a cheese cloth and tied it with butcher string. Simmer it for up to an hour. Discard cheesecloth in the trash. I keep lots of bones in the freezer. I have also used this method for making a quick chicken broth. In fact, the other night, I made risotto and did not have enough stock, so I took some bones out of the freezer and simmered them to make a quick broth to use in the risotto. Bone broth is loaded with minerals and is really good for the gut. It also nourishes all of our body associated with collagen, including our bones, ligaments, and joints. It can be eaten on its own or used as stock in soups and stews. This bone broth is made from beef bones that I kept in the freezer from ribeyes. The finished product is a really lush and fatty broth. Drink it in between meals or when you have a cold. Give it a try, I promise it is not as weird as it sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment