Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Cavewoman Breakfast

Fried Egg, Chicken Sausage, and Avocado

I will tell you something....this Paleo thing rocks. I get to cook with butter and eat delicious things (that I used to feel guilty about in the past) like avocado and egg yolks and real sausage. This was my morning breakfast. I don't know about you but I love an egg yolk running all over my plate. I used to sop it up with bread. Now, I sop it up with sausage. YUMMMMM. Many people don't like egg yolks or eggs for that matter, but that is super strange. Despite their negative reputation, many hardcore Paleo people eat upwards of 9 eggs a day. I don't like eggs that much, but they are a powerful protein bomb. Learning how to cook a perfect egg takes time. It seems like I always mess them up when I am cooking for my husband on the weekend. During the week, when I throw them in a pan, they are always perfect. Go figure. This morning, I melted a pat of butter in a pan, put the organic chicken sausages in the pan and cooked for several minutes. I then added an egg and cooked it until the whites were set. Just to make that happen quicker, I flipped it very carefully over. I think this is the trick to have a cooked white and a runny yolk. I then topped that bad boy with avocado. OMG it is a super decadent and easy breakfast that sustains you through the morning. Get on the egg bandwagon. Really.

1 comment: