Saturday, August 27, 2011

Cooking on Cast Iron

Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
My favorite thing in my kitchen is my Lodge Cast Iron Griddle. One side is a grill pan and one side is a flat griddle. It is amazing and I use it for almost everything. Cast iron is a super southern thing and some how, it makes me feel closer to my heritage. I love cooking just about everything on there from toasting bread to eggs, bacon, sausage, chicken and vegetables. I love the sound of my gas burners as they turn on and the sizzle of the meat when it hits that hot cast iron...This recipe is for boneless skinless chicken thighs, which make a regular rotation in our house. They are PERFECT for busy families because they are quick, healthy, and super tasty.


Recipe for Cast Iron Chicken (serves 3)

6 organic boneless skinless chicken thighs
Rub the chicken with any rub you like (I used a spanish inspired rub from the Spice House)
1-2 tbls Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste

1) Heat up cast iron until smoking (or any heavy bottomed pan)
2) Put olive oil or butter on griddle
3) Place chicken on griddle (turn down heat to medium when chicken is on)
4) Cook until no longer pink-maybe like 3-4 minutes per side MAX

I served my chicken with a mixed vegetable concoction of green beans, bell peppers, green onions, and cherry tomatoes. Drizzle the whole thing with a little bit of oil and a spritz of lemon. Yummo!


No comments:

Post a Comment