Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Chicago in the Summer


My hubs and I always say that there is no better place to live than Chicago in the summer. It is warm, bug-free (for the most part), and filled with activity. We have been fortunate to do some fun things this summer, including attending a gala for the opening night of Lolapalooza. What a great picture my cousin took of us sitting at the party with the skyline behind us. It was a super fun night and the food was catered by the most popular food trucks in Chicago.  I have to say that I somewhat disappointed in the food. The Mac and Cheese truck was good, but some of the other food items were slightly disappointing.  I noticed right off the bat that the food was pre-cooked so that the trucks could serve the people faster. This is probably why the food was not the best. Oh well, Pat and I decided that starting a food truck is maybe in our future (we have lots and lots of dreams).

No comments:

Post a Comment