Saturday, August 27, 2011

Channel your inner Parisian

Notre Dame

Well, my lovely sister is in Paris with her hubby and it has me thinking about all things French. One thing I have learned about French cooking is simplicity, attention to detail, quality and classic techniques. Granted, many classical recipes are completely complicated and laborious. People say that the French bistros are where the food is the best. Think roasted chicken, potatoes cooked in chicken fat, mussels in wine, french baguettes, and bordeaux. One of my favorite salads of all time is a poached egg on top of frisee with lardons. Yes please! The people of France are glamourous and they LOVE food....like really love food. I always wondered why I was not born Italian or French or Spanish for that matter.

I am going to channel my inner parisian this weekend and eat my dinner slowly, paying attention to flavor and quality of ingredients. I will engage in meaningful conversation with my husband and enjoy my life....with a bottle of French wine of course. Bon Appetit...

No comments:

Post a Comment